Red Fly becomes Gaming Corps | Austin
- On Friday the first of two PDP prototypes was delivered, the second will be delivered before December 31, 2016. At the beginning of next year, the discussions on a work-for-hire assignment based on the prototypes begin. The prototypes are based on PDP's new technology.
- Slam Dunk 2 will get a first update via Karmafy which is expected to run in-app purchases. Karmafy works together with good causes. Part of their income is reinvested in advertising with the aim to drive more traffic to the app.
- Real Madrid Slam Dunk will be tested on a smaller scale within a few weeks to launch early Q1 2017.
- Right now, Gaming Corps is in the final stages of selecting an agent for Dawn of Fire, one of the IPs that came with the acquisition of Red Fly Studio. A playable demo is expected to be presented to the games publishers in the first half of 2017. Red Fly Studio has invested approximately 3.5 million USD.
Uppsala and The Descendent
- The studio in Uppsala is set to be completely phased out in late January 2017.
- The Descendant game is now available on a variety of distribution channels except STEAM. Revenues have increased but at low levels.
- Recently the game launched on the Russian distribution platform mail.ru in a localized version. The Descendent will be one of the first games on mail.ru platform.
- A licensing and distribution agreement has been signed with Microids. This will provide additional revenue from the game
- Gaming Corps is in discussions with potential acquisition candidates. The least common denominator is positive cash flow and operations that create synergies with Gaming Corps | Austin (Red Fly Studio).
- The company is also looking at various financing solutions to facilitate / enable the acquisition and to otherwise develop the business.